Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Getting to know Kayla Kristen

Hi everyone! I decided I was going to make a blog so I can get some stuff off my chest and outta my head. I don't know how many people will actually even read this, if any, but I hope maybe somewhere someone will. Before I get started I am gonna talk about myself, just so whoever reads this, can get to know me and my life a little bit.

So, my name is Kayla Kristen and I am 20 years old. I am an EMT (emergency medical technician) and I absolutely LOVE it. I am also going to school to be a nurse, and I want to specialize in trauma. I am also going through a divorce with my husband, his name is Paul, and he is a United States Marine. I am in the process of moving from Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base In the beautiful Oceanside California, back to my home town about 90 miles north east of here. After my husband and I decided to get a divorce, I told myself I would never be with another Marine, even if my life depended on it. Then I met Ben, who is a Marine stationed at Marine Corps Air Station Miramar In San Diego. Needless to say that boy swept me off my feet and I am now in a relationship with him. But anyways, In August I was hit with one of the most devastating things I have ever had to deal with. My father was diagnosed with stage 4 Kidney Cancer which had metastasized to his lungs and the bones in his rib cage. He is now in treatment, at Loma Linda University Medical Center, and as of now, things are not looking very good, but we are all staying strong and doing our best to give him the support he needs, and he has been so positive throughout all of this. I also have a 17 year old brother, Austin, he is a senior in high school, and... well, he can be quite a handful, but we are very close. Then there is my mom! she is the most amazing woman i have ever met! She is always there for me! I couldn't ask for a better family.

My posts will be about anything from life as an EMT, to Ben and his deployment(coming up in may) and I will probably even throw in some stuff about my dad and his treatment. I hope anyone who reads this will enjoy what i have to say, and please don't be afraid to leave some feedback!

-Kayla Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Yay glad I now have another person to follow and read about :) Follow me back if you like! I'm glad I got to know more about Mrs. Kayla

    ReplyDelete